Tuesday, July 5, 2011

92 Years Young...

My grandmother turned 92 today! She didn't want anyone to make a fuss over her, and she didn't want anyone to go out of their way to do anything for her birthday, but let's be honest- any birthday over the age of 90 is cause for celebration, right!?! Besides, who's going to turn down cake?

Grandma has had a few health issues this past year, but I am so glad she is well enough to come over to our house to celebrate! She is getting stronger by the day and hopefully we will share many more cakes with her.



We even had a neighborhood fireworks display for her birthday! The July 4th weekend brought nasty weather for Atlanta this year and many firework displays got postponed until the next evening. We went out on the driveway to join our neighbors with sparklers and poppers. I knew they would both be a big hit with the girls, but I had no idea that Grandma would want to play to! :) I love this picture of her throwing the poppers on the driveway... I can only hope that I am as strong and independent as she is at 92.
Happy Birthday, Grandma!!

No comments: