Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Caitlin's First Day of Jr. Preschool

Caitlin started her first day of Jr. Preschool today- she was so excited!! I'm knocking on wood as I say this, but I am so grateful that she happily wants to go to school like big sister and did not scream and cry when I dropped her off. It was a little unsettling to leave her in an atmosphere where there were other kids crying huge crocodile tears, but she didn't seem to mind and went right on in and started playing with play-doh. Her teachers, Ms. Linda and Ms. Iheoma, quickly took the kids outside to play on the playground and give them a change of scenery and of course everyone stopped crying immediately.
Since Caitlin was fine with me leaving, I was that mom and followed them out on the playground to get a quick picture of Caitlin's first day of school... I know, I know- I have a serious problem...

Ms. Sharon and Ms. Iheoma have worked together for many years and they are perfect compliments- Ms. Sharon is very calm, she leads a structured and organized classroom and has tons of experience with teaching 2 year olds and Ms. Iheoma is warm, loving and loves to be silly with the kids. They seem to be children whisperers- I am amazed that they can have 8 little 2 year olds sit quietly and pay attention for circle time. When passing their classroom on the way to Ava's, I have never once seen one of their students mis-behaving or throwing a tantrum like so many two year olds do. They are the perfect duo and I am so excited to see how Caitlin will learn and grow from being in their class.

When I picked Caitlin up at carpool, she was speaking so fast that it was hard to understand her. Apparently she has made a few new friends, Alyssa, Shaina, and Jackson and she loooved playing on this fire-truck.
It is so fun watching Caitlin experience "school" for the first time and I am so glad she had such a positive and fun first day!

No comments: