Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Best Birthday Ever

I have to give credit, where credit is due... my husband is the best!
He planned the perfect 30th birthday surprise for me- and I was actually surprised! Probably the first time ever that something was completely a surprise- I'm pretty good at picking up on clues and figuring things out. Jason is still mad to this day that I got my nails done and bought a new dress for a dinner that turned into our engagement dinner :)
While we were giving our babysitter last minute instructions, an Escalade with a driver pulled into our driveway! Then instead of heading to the Melting Pot, which I had originally thought was our plan, our driver went to pick up Tony and Alina, my brother and sister-in-law. Then to top things off, the driver headed to Marietta and picked up my best friend Lauri and her boyfriend Marc. No one would tell me where we were headed, but we started on our way towards Atlanta.

We took the most twisted and backwards way to Buckhead and our driver ended up dropping us off in front of The St. Regis for drinks. We had a few delicious cocktails and then walked over to Chops for an even more delicious dinner.
Jason and I have gone to a lot of swanky and cool restaurants in Atlanta. In fact, one of our favorite things to do together is to go try out new restaurants and we try to go to a new one every chance we get. But for our anniversary, we always come back to Chops- it is always and consistently a great meal and a good time. Their spinach salad is the best salad I have ever had. EVER. I love it and have always said I would rather skip the steak and have two portions of their salad!! Yum!

Sitting with two of my favorite boys at the St. Regis

What a hottie... of course, I mean Jason!

The lovely ladies

Family Fun Night...
nothing brings you closer than drinking together :)

Sharing an amazing bottle of wine, creme brulee, SPINACH SALAD, being surrounded by my favorite people that I love the most... what more could I ask for? What a great way to spend the first night of my 30's... I can already tell this will be the best decade of my life yet!

No comments: