Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Swim Team

Ava has been asking to be on the swim team for the past few weeks. She first got the idea from the big girls in our neighborhood- they are all on the West Hampton swim team together and they talk about practice or their swim meets all the time. When I was growing up, I was on my neighborhood's swim team from kindergarten until some time in high school- I loved it! So of course, I would love for Ava to have the same experience as I did. However, we looked into the rules and you actually have to be 5 by the time the season starts to be eligible to swim. Since we have to wait until next year, we thought it would be fun to go and watch our friends in a swim meet so that Ava could see what it was all about.

Our friends, Lexi and Kyle were swimming in a meet in the neighborhood next to ours, so it was the perfect time to check it out. Kyle is on Ava's list of boyfriends- he rotates at the top with Lincoln depending on the day. I think they look pretty cute together! :)

Ava adores Lexi, too!
Lexi was showing off her newest lost tooth...

Caitlin was not as excited about sitting on Kyle's lap as he was! I'm sure when they are older, this picture will induce all sorts of dirty captions...

We watched Kyle and Lexi swim their backstroke events. Ava was cheering so loud for both of them. It was so much fun being a part of the swim team action again- I hope Ava doesn't change her mind before next year... maybe I should have gotten her a second pixie stick to seal the deal! :)

No comments: